The multi-award winning Boggabri Drovers Campfire is held at the Boggabri Showground on the last weekend in April every year.
Winner - NSW Tourism Awards GOLD in Festivals & Events Category 2015
Winner - NSW/ACT Regional Achievement & Community - Event & Tourism Category 2015
Winner - Inland Community Event & Festivals, Inland Tourism Awards 2015
Winner - Judges Award, Inland Tourism Awards 2015
The 2018 event will be held from April 27th to April 29th Registration is preferred by April 18.
If you have a caravan, motor home, camper, 4 x 4, ute, tent or swag, or you simply enjoy the outdoors, this is a weekend for you. The Boggabri Lions Club hosts the Drovers Campfire to celebrate the town's rich agricultural history, showcase the community’s unmatched hospitality and indulge in the great Aussie outback. The event evokes the camaraderie of Aussie drovers sharing a hot meal and conversation around a warm open fire, underneath the twinkling night sky.
The five-day event features a range of activities such as:
- Farm and mine tours (weather permitting)
- Tours of local attractions such as Dripping Rock
- Antique machinery parades
- Damper making demonstrations
- Camp oven dinners
- Heavy horses
- Pony Club displays
- Shearing demonstrations
- Medicare Local health checks and talks on 'healthy living on the road'
- Bush poetry
- Billy boiling competitions
- Working dog demonstrations
- Wood turning demonstrations
- Anzac Day services
- Boggabri Arts and Craft exhibitions
- Nightly entertainment
- Unpowered: $16.50 Monday & Tuesday, $27.50 Wednesday to Sunday
- Powered: $27.50 Monday & Tuesday, $44 Wednesday to Sunday.
- A dump point is available for campers at the gate of Jubilee Park on Rees Avenue. Contact the Visitor Information Centre for more information on the dump point.
- Showers and toilets are on site.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times and campers are reminded to clean up after their pets. Due to WH&S regulations pets are not permitted in the food court area at any time.
- Water will be delivered daily to all caravans on the site. Campers are encouraged to use the facilities available in their caravans and motorhomes.
- Powered sites
- Fire pits
- Hot showers
- Pet friendly
- Large vehicle parking