The multi-award winning Boggabri Drovers Campfire is held at the Boggabri Showground on the last weekend in April every year.
Winner - NSW Tourism Awards GOLD in Festivals & Events Category 2015
Winner - NSW/ACT Regional Achievement & Community - Event & Tourism Category 2015
Winner - Inland Community Event & Festivals, Inland Tourism Awards 2015
Winner - Judges Award, Inland Tourism Awards 2015
If you have a caravan, motor home, camper, 4 x 4, ute, tent or swag, or you simply enjoy the outdoors, this is a weekend for you. The Boggabri Lions Club hosts the Drovers Campfire to celebrate the town's rich agricultural history, showcase the community’s unmatched hospitality and indulge in the great Aussie outback. The event evokes the camaraderie of Aussie drovers sharing a hot meal and conversation around a warm open fire, underneath the twinkling night sky.
The five-day event features a range of activities such as:
- Farm and mine tours (weather permitting)
- Tours of local attractions such as Sawn Rocks and Narrabri Fish
- Antique machinery parades
- Camp oven dinners
- Heavy horses
- Pony Club displays
- Shearing demonstrations
- Medicare Local health checks and talks on 'healthy living on the road'
- Bush poetry
- Billy boiling competitions
- Working dog demonstrations
- Wood turning demonstrations
- Anzac Day services
- Boggabri Arts and Craft exhibitions
- Nightly entertainment
- Unpowered: $18.00 Monday & Tuesday, $30.00 Wednesday to Sunday
- Powered: $30.00 Monday & Tuesday, $45.00 Wednesday to Sunday.
If paying online please follow this link Boggabri Drovers Campfire
- A dump point is available for campers at the gate of Jubilee Park on Rees Avenue. Contact the Visitor Information Centre for more information on the dump point.
- Showers and toilets are on site.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times and campers are reminded to clean up after their pets. Due to WH&S regulations pets are not permitted in the food court area at any time.
- Water will be delivered daily to all caravans on the site. Campers are encouraged to use the facilities available in their caravans and motorhomes.
Please Note: Dogs on a leash are fine but will not be allowed in the meals & entertainment area under any circumstances.
Please read the following notes that form part of your booking request:
“The Drovers Campfire”
Wednesday 22nd April to Sunday 26th April 2020
Registration is preferred by 16th April 2020
Please note: We will not be able to add to group bookings after 1st March 2020
Site Fees per night:
Unpowered: $18.00 Monday & Tuesday, $30.00 Wednesday to Sunday.
Powered: $30.00 Monday & Tuesday, $45.00 Wednesday to Sunday (minimum of 4 nights stay).
A non refundable deposit of $20 (minimum) is required on registration. Balance is payable on arrival.
Payment can be made by Direct Debit.
• Site fees include most onsite activities, including evening entertainment.
• Site fee does not include tours, meals & stalls.
• Prices may change without notice.
• The Lions Club of Boggabri Inc reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone that we consider a risk to other campers on site.
• Dogs on a leash are fine but will not be allowed in the meals & entertainment area under any circumstances.
Showgrounds Registration Tent will be manned from Monday 20th April.
If sending deposit by cheque please mail to:
Mr Geoff Eather
Lions Club of Boggabri Inc
PO Box 1
BOGGABRI NSW 2382
- Powered sites
- Fire pits
- Hot showers
- Pet friendly
- Large vehicle parking